Thursday, June 26, 2014

This week, I've made some progress on the quilt top. The two sides are all squared up, and I'm over halfway through squaring up the top. So, yea, progress! I'm still stalled on the blouse I've been working on. Saturday or Sunday, I'll probably get some sewing time in. My husband's peer and that household (basically, adopted SCA mom and dad, sister and brother-in-law) are coming to dinner. I spent a lot of time (but not as much as I should have) last weekend cleaning the house. The refrigerator is clean, and I'll do some touch-up cleaning Saturday morning. I know they're coming to see us, not the house, but if I'm going to cook for people, I want them to be at least somewhat confident that I'm not going to give them food poisoning, you know? So the menu is roasted chicken thighs with new potatoes, roasted cherry tomatoes, and herbs. It's a Jamie Oliver recipe, and it sounds simple and looks yummy. I'm making focaccia from scratch and peach pound cake. My other project is knitted washcloths. I decided to volunteer to be royal liaison for our group's big fall event, Diamond Wars. Royal liaison basically contacts the people who handle the royals' travel arrangements to coordinate things with them, and make sure the crowns have everything they need. It's also customary to leave goodie baskets in the cabins. For Diamond Wars, we're going to put together a snack basket and a toiletry basket, and I want to knit washcloths to put with them. Our own king and queen aren't coming because of previous commitments, but there will be visiting royals to take care of. Right now, I'm doing test patterns with some leftover Peaches and Cream cotton yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment